Friday, February 15, 2013

Our Guest Designer ~ Eileen

Good Morning!  This is such a pretty color challenge and I hope you'll join us and play along!  Our Guest designer this week is Eileen and she's created a card for us using the colors from our color challenge.

You can see Eileen's winning card here.  Welcome Eileen and thank you so much for being our guest designer this week! 

Eileen your card is amazing!  I love all the gorgeous details, everything from the beautiful pearls, ribbon, and die cuts to the beautiful flowers.  I especially love how your sentiment is the main focus, so beautifully done!  I hope you'll all take a minute to visit Eileen's blog and leave her some love, just click on her name below to visit her blog.


Eileen

I started making cards about 5 years ago and was really into decoupage and CD crafting, I even bought a Cricut Expression and about 40 cartridges (most of which have never been used). Last March I found Bev Rochester's blog and my life, and I do mean my life, changed.  I have always been crafty, knitting, crochet, cross stitiching, sewing.... but as a child I loved to colour.  When I discovered stamping it was as if I had found direction again. A few pounds later ( had to have ALL the Pro and Flex markers, and so many Spellbinders , Memory Box, Cheery Lynn, Marriane, Joy... and all the rest as well as enough stamps to keep me colouring for the next year) lots of trial and error and lots of practice I find I can now win competitions, serve on the Design Teams of two respected blogs and have a blog I enjoy. Thanks for taking the time to read this and good luck with your card making and challenges.

Thank you so much, Eileen!  Remember, there's still time to play along with our challenge this week, the linky collection will remain open until Sunday 12 noon EST.  To enter your card in our challenge please see the post below.  Have a great day!

One of our Design Team members also made an extra card for th is week's color challenge and I wanted to share her card with you as well.  Thank you, Ger for making another card for us this week, the butterfly is simply amazing and I like the panel shaped layer behind your butterlfy.

1 comment:

Design Originals by KC said...

Great cards ladies... pinned it and love the sentiment on the guest designers card! Love the trim on Ger's card! thanks for sharing! Kathi